PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Hugging the shores of Lake Samsonvale, this The QN Hotel was originally built in the early 1900s as a two story boarding house to lodge farm hands and travellers and since then has been extended into a hotel. The hotel was then called the Bridge Hotel because of the bridge next to it with the Queensland National Bank on the other side. The hotel has had a few owners and one of them changed the name to it’s current name, Queensland National Hotel, the QN for short.
As Sundays are the most popular time of the week at the QN, management have organised something different - a BBQ with 250g rib fillet, sausages, potato bake, salads and coleslaw, a dessert bar with free tea and coffee. They have very kindly offered us the entire outside veranda and beer garden to have a big BBQ cookout. The veranda and beer garden are also conveniently located adjacent to the car park.
BYO morning tea with tables and chairs.
WHEN: Sunday 29th March
TIME: Meet at Colleges Crossing, Mt Crosby Road, Chuwar [UBD Map 194 F10] for morning tea with 11:15am departure for the QN HoteL.
WHERE: QN Hotel, 90 Patrick Street, Laidley 4341
1. Turn right onto Mount Crosby Rd/State Route 37
2. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Mount Crosby Rd/State Route 37 (2.1km)
3. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the Warrego Hwy/M2 ramp to Toowoomba/Esk (1.2km)
4. Merge onto Warrego Hwy/M2 (2.5km)
5. Continue onto Warrego Hwy/National Highway A2 (37.5km) 7. Slight left towards Laidley-Plainlands Rd (300m)
6. Slight left onto Laidley-Plainlands Rd Go through 1 roundabout (8.4km)
7. Laidley-Plainsland Rd becomes Patrick St in Laidley. Queensland National Hotel will be on the left next to the park.
Approximate travelling time: 45 minutes
COST: $22.50/person for the BBQ lunch
Deadline for payment is Friday 20th March.
Maximum Number: 100
CONTACT: For bookings and payment contact Terry Philip Ph: 0488 049497 or email@example.com
PAYMENT: Payment can be made directly to the club’s Suncorp account: Mercedes Benz Club of Qld Inc, BSB 484-799, A/C 200009415 with the reference Surname/Membership No/Mar